Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Obvious intent of fraud!

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by DecentCanadian, Feb 9, 2013.

1. You guys be careful when You go shopping to Bentley Store in Metropolis, MetroTown.
    4700 Kingsway, Burnaby BC V5H 4M1. (BENTLEY 90655)
    Last week I did a refund, the cashier No. 61149 (asian woman) ask Me for My name, address and phone number, which I gave in good faith, then I signed for the refund but immediately she ask Me to sign the part that says: "I agree to pay the above total amount according to the card issuer agreement"
    I didn't sign despite She was very pushy, She insisted and I said "I'm not that stupid"
    Today Saturday Feb. 08, 2013 was brought to My attention by the credit card issuer that tried to purchase west Jet tickest for the amount of $1,300.00
    there is no doubt that we live in a world of crooks, You don't expect that a woman would loose Her shame, But then again a woman or man with no shame capable of scamming money to innocent people should be in jail.
    The legal system should work and keep crooks behind bars!

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Thank you for the heads up. Just the other day the UPS guy wrote my credit card info down instead of swiping it through the device. I'm monitoring my credit card transactions closely.

3. lumix

lumix Full Member

Different retailers have different refund requirements:

Walmart: Don't asked for anything, just insert the chip card and click Ok. The refund receipt automatically print my name. I signed a receipt for Walmart.

Superstore: Filled in name and phone number on a list. No address necessary. The name and phone number is required even if it is not a credit card refund, such as a cash transaction. Insert chip card and click ok.

Best Buy: Don't asked for anything, just insert the chip card and click Ok.

Old Navy: This store is the best, don't have to produce credit card, just say you want refund, show sales slip and they give you refund without producing a credit card. No names or phone numbers or address asked.

Eddie Bauer: Don't asked for anything, just insert the chip card and click Ok.

Blue Notes: Asked for name, address and phone. This was maybe some years ago, don't know if they still ask. The address requirement is not necessary, since no other major stores need the address. Or name/phone for that matter. This discouraged me from shopping there as I don't feel like giving out my address to them.

cheeseshredder likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... last year i got hit with over a thousand dollars of credit card fraud by mbna, first time i've ever had the problem ...

.... my question for decentcanadian is this: how do you know that this store in burnaby is the party that tried to make a purchase on your credit card? sorry, but i don't see the connection there ...

5. Mechanic, And is a fair question:
    I gave the information to My credit card issuer about the incident with that cashier and cashier number, and BINGO!

6. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... you still haven't explained how the store in burnaby is guilty of misconduct ...

... further, it's the credit card company that's guilty of hassling you, not the burnaby merchant ...