Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Green Living No Zones on Buses as of Oct 5!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superchecker, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

With the implementation of the new Compass Pass system this Fall: Those riding Buses ONLY as of Oct 5/15: will no longer need to pay more than the $2.75 fare. No ZONES anymore for the bus system.

Those riding SkyTrain, SeaBus and/or West Coast Express will continue with the current Zones fares.

Once those FareGates go live at SkyTrain & SeaBus: Bus Transfers will NO LONGER get you onto SkyTrain or SeaBus. BUT Compass tickets from SkyTrain and SeaBus WILL work on the buses.

Confused? Just wait for Oct 5!

http://buzzer.translink.ca and then the article dated Aug 6 OR 604-953-3333.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. piphulk

piphulk New Member

I get practically everywhere I need to be with just the Skytrain, so I'm hoping they'll implement this someday for at least one of the lines. :/

3. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

I don't understand.

4. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Once those FareGates go live sometime this Fall or Winter: Only Compass tickets or passes will get you onto SkyTrain & SeaBus. Bus transfers and tickets will only work on other buses.

Compass will work system wide. Bus transfers and tickets will only work on buses.

5. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

You mean I have to pay twice?