Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

No justice for low income wage earners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jan 8, 2014.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

i was badly injured by a pseudo medical professional but in BC, i am told by lawyers, i cannot sue for pain and suffering. i can only sue for lost wages and becaue i only ever had low paying jobs, even if i won my case, the damages awarded would be to small to cover the costs of a trial
    so no lawyer will take the case.

this is clearly unjust and translates to no

the mechanic likes this.
  2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

cont....this means that only rich people with high incomes have a shot at justice and any compensation whatsoever.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I'm sry to hear this.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... what you're being told isn't true, flutterby ...

... in actual fact there are NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER to what a lawyer can sue for. demands for compensation can be as ridiculous as an attorney wants to make them. if you're serious about suing, shop around for a decent lawyer. but good luck finding one in the corrupt lawyer fraud wasteland of british columbia. better yet, just stay away from british columbia lawyers altogether and spare yourself the senseless rubbish they tell people ...

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

... settlements? who's talking settlements? not me ...

... i'm just responding to flutterby's comment that a british columbia lawyer said there are limits on what kind of compensation a victim can ask the court to levy against someone. in actual fact there are NO RESTRICTIONS to what variety of garbage a bc attorney can go to court and ask for ...

7. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I was replying to flutterby.

the mechanic likes this.
  8. the mechanic

... is the above answer a reply to flutterby too?

9. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Have you talked to a "personal injury" lawyer?

The Canadian legal system is extremely slow and expensive....

the mechanic likes this.
  10. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

milq its different with icbc claims. people pay dues. its making an insurance claim. theres no personal insurance for medical malpractice but god knows there should be. thats why people can sue for so much more with an icbc claim.

the mechanic likes this.
  11. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

thats so odd. i had three different lawyers tell me i could not sue for pain and suffering.

the mechanic likes this.
  12. the mechanic

... flutterby, it's not odd at all. the steaming pile of fetid untruths you got from the lawyers you talked to is the very reason you shouldn't go anywhere near lawyers in this province. they're nothing more than an prehistoric tribe of rotten fraud scoundrels who lie about everything and CANNOT be trusted in any way ...