Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Nice Chinese food for a white guy..

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Bine, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Bine

Bine Full Member

Hey I ate at the new PEACEFUL RESTAURANT on 4th AVE. The food was good but the service was rather slow but that might have been because I came 15 mins. before closing. The staff was very friendly. I ordered the Cumin Lamb Stir-fried Noodles.
    [​IMG]

A bit expensive at $12.95 but still really good...

2. lumix

lumix Full Member

Thanks for the review..

3. Bine

Bine Full Member

Ha! I ate there again tonight. Shanghai noodles with pork. It was really good again!

4. Bine

Bine Full Member

I have eaten at PEACEFUL RESTAURANT once again and it was very good. This time I went for lunch and had the BEEF ROLL. The beef roll is a fried green onion pancake that is filled with a layer of HOISIN SAUCE, GREEN ONION and MARINATED BEEF then folded and fried. I looks similar to a large spring roll or "egg roll".
    [​IMG]
    It is the size of a large burrito and is a good deal at $7.95

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Peaceful is good. Their beef roll is great. I went more often in the past, but after their feature on Diner's, Drive-In and Dives, it's a bit of a hassle now that they're so popular.

Try Lin's nearby on Granville for XLB.

This type of food is just a small subset of what Chinese cuisine has to offer. There's a lot of diversity and Vancouver is a good place to explore.

6. Bine

Bine Full Member

Thanks for the info. I have heard that Lin's is very good. The new Peaceful is close to my house so I can just phone and then pick it up.

7. lumix

lumix Full Member

Thanks for the review. Another place to check out.

8. I always drive by the one on Broadway, but have never tried it because whenever I wanted to go, there was always a line of people waiting. This was after the airing of Triple D. Here is a link to the episode of Triple D (hope it's ok to post links)...

9. Bine

Bine Full Member

The one on 4th is just as good and less crowded.