Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

More Medical Lunacy...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jul 4, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So my idiot roommate just brought home a new 'artisan' brand of pizza. After one slice i remarked to him 'i feel like the crust was soaked in Vodka.'

So now I'm terrified i have just been poisoned by Ethanol or some such other chemical that damages the kidneys...

So I call BC poison control who tells me that I can no longer even buy Ipicac from the drugstore to induce vomiting as they 'no longer recommend vomiting' in cases of poisoning. I would have to go to the hospital and get bloodwork to see if i've been poisoned all the while the pizza is digesting away....

unbelievable.

The body needs to throw up in certain serious cases to save it's life. My idiot roommate ate the whole thing so i guess we'll just use the great BC tactic 'wait and see.' I personally feel sick, dizzy and feel like i feel after i've had a few beers...that feeling of alcohol going through my system.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Common sense says if I drink a lot of water it will help dilute it but i really want to throw this up NOW

Actually, I wonder if I drink alcohol if that will bind to the poison and get it outa my system faster....puck....i've got some old crappy red wine around here somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. darkmoon

darkmoon Guest

sounds like you need pizza soaked in risperidone.

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

f off dullard. i hope you get food poisoning and are made to digest every ounce of it.

5. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

They don't induce vomiting to deal with ingesting some potentially lethal substance. I believe they used activated charcoal now.

6. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

charcoal doesn't work with everything. With corrosive stuff like bleach, vomiting is not encouraged because it can burn your Esophagus coming up...(better that than yr intestines in my books.)

If I have bacterial food poisoning or the crazy sh*t that was in that pizza dough, then I need to throw up, it is my right to throw up but now the gov't has decided that the public does not have that right. You can no longer even buy Ipicac from the Drugstore.

7. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... when i feel ill i can throw up on demand just by thinking about it. i frickin' hate doing it, but i always feel better afterwards ...

... hope you're feeling better now, flutterby! :D