Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Medeo: see a doctor online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Aug 9, 2014.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

It's a platform that allows people to see their doctor online after hours. It's no cost for the general public to use. BC only for now but they have some strong corporate partners with plans to expand.

Have you used Medeo to see a doctor online for a health problem or prescription renewal? What was your experience? Leave your review for others!

https://medeo.ca/

Looks clean and modern which is nice to see. Healthcare IT is usually clunky, outdated and just shitty to use for all parties. It's a step in the right direction and is great for patients who have physical, financial or mental barriers that limit access to healthcare. May also be a partial solution to rural areas who lack doctors.

The downside is the cost for the care providers. Initially they took 30% of billings but now I see they've moved to a flat fee model ($149/month, $1499/year). Still super expensive. Not sure how much uptake there will be with the medical community. Doctors can simply use Skype for a similar albeit less elegant solution for telemedicine.

For practitioners, have you used Medeo to see patients? Is there enough volume for it to be profitable after Medeo's cut?

2. lol i don't want to see a hipster doctor. they should have picked someone more professional for the video.

3. Bill

Bill Full Member

Looks like a cool idea. Some wait times at walk in clinics are as much as 90 minutes!

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Even booked appointments can be 1 hour or more, especially at older Chinese doctors who tend to overbook like crazy. Double and triple booking.

5. physician

physician Guest

Medeo was sold to QHR who runs Accuro which is an electronic medical record. It really doesn't give me faith in the company when they sell to the first bidder. I suspect QHR will raise prices and make things more restricted unless you use their EMR.

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

My late father told me long ago of psychiatric patients who dialogued with a computer,answering various questions which popped up on the monitor screen. These questions probed into their inner feelings and discussed them in a Socratic manner. Result? Many of the patients actually overcame their emotional problems as if they had had hour-long sessions with a live psychotherapist. It seems that many things ( although not all ) currently done by human professionals can indeed be taken over by computers.