Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Man Diagnosed By Psychiatrist Without Meeting Him...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jan 4, 2017.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

This is a horrifying Orwellian nightmare. Ontario Optometrist evaluated by Psychiatrist without ever having met the man and against his will, knowledge nor consent and the medical board says the diagnosis stands!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...t-diagnosed-him-without-meeting-him-1.3734309

"
    A Burlington optician is outraged after discovering a psychiatrist he'd never met wrote a critical two-page psychiatric evaluation about him without ever seeing or talking to him.

The optician, Jay Hakim, filed a complaint with the provincial medical regulator, which concluded the psychiatrist's conduct was appropriate."

I've been to a couple Psychiatrists in my time and I can tell you they were diagnosis obsessed and bonkers.

No third party regulator exists for them. One guy asked me if I had 'racy thoughts'....I'm pretty sure he meant racing. I guess aptitude for the English language is not high on their list of qualifications.

2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... ah yes, the CBC and their never-ceasing crusade to promote lawyers and their sleazy litigation. the story is just a lawsuit as most news stories are and who knows what is true and what isn't ...