Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Make free calls from Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lumix, Feb 25, 2013.

1. lumix

lumix Full Member

Facebook updates iOS app with free calls in the U.S., Canada
    Emanuel Maiberg
    Feb 22nd, 2013

Facebook today released version 5.5 of its iOS app, which now allows users in the U.S. and Canada to call friends for free directly from the app.

Facebook users have been able to make free calls via the social network’s Messenger app for iOS since January, but today that functionality has been added to its more widely used main app. From a Facebook message, users can tap the “i” icon in the top right corner and select “free call.” This will only work if both users are in the U.S. or Canada and have the latest version of Facebook or Facebook Messenger installed on their iOS device.

:

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Facebook app on my android phone us broken now. They need to release an update to fix it. When I click on the contacts list on the top right it doesn't load. I can't see who's online on Facebook.

3. Night Of GuardianS

Ok it's been fixed now after I signed out and logged back in.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I can already do this on GTalk and can do video calls. Been using Google+ hangouts to have a multi-way video conference as well.

5. Night Of GuardianS

I never tried gtalk. Have done Skype video call, but the quality of the video was terrible.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I only did Skype once a few years go from PC to PC to my brother-in-law in Australia. It worked pretty well. Quality was good. I never tried it on a phone.

I used GTalk when I was away on a trip. My wife use the iOS version called VTok. The quality was good. Best of all, it was free as I had free WiFi in my hotel. When we were dating a decade ago, I racked up a hefty phone bill when I called her due it roaming charges.