Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Finances & Real Estate Looking to Rent Very Small Room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larry, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

Hi there

I don't know if anyone can help direct me with this, but i'd thought i'd try anyway.

I'm a 39 year old man who has gotting his life together after years of drinking and drugging. Unfortunatley, now I have a bit of a mess to clean up in the form of debt, (mainly student loans), and I've come up with an idea of how to do that. I am married and my wife does make more money than I do, so that means that we'll probably have to seperate for a while for me to get a reasonable pay schedule for creditors because I have no desire to for my wife to pay any of my debt for me. I have employment but I need a small place to stay and heres where my search begins.

I want to rent something so small that I keep the rent down as much as possible so i can throw 60% of my income at my debt for the next 3-4 years, to get it over with. I would ideally like something akin to a prison cell. I need a sink with clean water, a toilet, an electrical outlet and some access to the internet so that I can work (I'm mostly self-employed). Ideally, I'd like to spend about $150 -$200. Does anyone know where i could find something like this? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks..

2. ema

ema Full Member

If this isn't a troll post...
    At most you can find a place like that if you're sharing it with someone in a basement near downtown eastside.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member