Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Let's talk about Thanksgiving Dinner!

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by mon, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mon

mon New Member

What will you guys be making for Thanksgiving? I'll be roasting a chicken because a turkey is too big for us. The rest, have not think about it yet. Any recommendations?? What will you guys be making?

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Probably nothing.

Made turducken a few years back, but for new years (because turkeys were ridiculously inexpensive). IIRC, the turkey I got was too big in relation to the duck and chicken, so the turkey ended up overcooked. The duck was cooked okay but too chewy because we didn't take the skin off. The chicken was mostly perfectly cooked, except a portion which remained too pink. Need a better turkey:duck:chicken ratio going on... or a huge metal pipe to wrap the meat around.

We considered adding a game hen into the mix to make it 4 birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ema

ema Full Member

HOLY SHIET, my sister was telling me about how she was going to come over to my house to eat a Turducken.
    My other sisters and I looked at her like wtf. Thanks lol I never knew one existed...

Any ways I was too busy feeling sick to take photos of my dinner. I had a turkey, roast beef and ham. (Family did minus I)
    I actually had mashed potatoes, fried noodles, perogies and corn. And stuffing LOL