Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Last place you ate at

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Sep 11, 2012.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Rhino's Kitchen in Richmond
    Food was kind of meh and pricey. Their milk tea was good but jacked with sugar. After eating there, I felt light-headed and "off" for a few hours.

2. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Saturday: Knight & Day out at Lougheed & Boundary... Good food, great prices... I really do enjoy their Steak sandwich & salad...

Sunday: Ricky's, We shared their mini burgers/sliders, and the Tappas Trio...

3. Superchecker

Got a bit of a craving for Salmon & Chips, so we'll probably head out to New West next weekend to Cockney Kings! GREAT FOOD!

4. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Rhino is terrible. Ate there twice and will never go back. Their food was tasteless.

5. milquetoast

True Confections on Denman
    Food was pretty good but the waitress we had was on the rude and bitchy end of the spectrum. She sat us down and less than 5 minutes later tries to take our order. She rolled her eyes when we said we needed a few minutes. :whistle:

6. Night Of GuardianS

Pho Tai Hoa on Kingsway close Knight st. The noodles are so so good.

The Taiwanese beef noodles at the Crystal Mall foodcourt are yummy yummy.

7. milquetoast

Coastal Cafe on BC Ferries (Whitespot)
    Had the Monty Mushroom Burger with yam fries. Pretty crappy and expensive.

[​IMG]

8. milquetoast

White Spot on Fort St. (Victoria)
    Had the Steelhead Benedict with the shoestring hashbrowns and their new smashbrowns. Not bad at all. Decently priced.

9. milquetoast

Coastal Cafe on BC Ferries (Whitespot) ... yet again
    Salmon entrée. Small portion, dry salmon (but tasted good nonetheless), weird gloopy mango salsa, boring vegetables. Ok quinoa.

[​IMG]

I give up on ferry food. I'm better off bringing something onboard. The other day, I did see a girl eating a burger that looked and smelled much tastier than the one I had in September. Luck of the draw?

10. Superchecker

We were on a BC Ferry back in August (Day trip over to Victoria), and on the way back we had White Spot on the ship: We really enjoyed the Roast 1/4 Chicken! The Mrs had fries, and I had a Caesar salad...

11. milquetoast

^I had wanted the roast chicken, but they replaced it with the salmon :(.

12. lumix

lumix Full Member

Old Spaghetti Factory, had Penne with Chicken

13. vesells

vesells Guest

I ate at Billz Burgerz in Surrey and it was awful. A total rip-off at $45 for two small burgers an order of fries.

14. milquetoast

Charcoal Sushi & BBQ in Richmond
    Okay food, pretty expensive though. They ran out of toro :sad:.

Alleluia Cafe
    Good prices. The chow mein was surprisingly not salty, could have even used a bit more but it wasn't bland :up:. Love the free drink refill which they remembered to make less sweet.

15. milquetoast

Holy crap, those better be Wagyu burgers drizzled with truffle oil and fancy aged cheese. $45 is ridiculous.

Where is this place? Nothing comes up on Google.

16. Night Of GuardianS

Subway
    Had their meat Ball foot sandwich. Fairly good. Not enough calories, but I got tired of burgers. The guy washed his hands before making my sandwich with gloves on. I experienced twice where the sandwich maker forgot to take her gloves off before handling cash. I always think of scenes from the Supernatural tv series when I have subway. Dean loves to eat.

Expensive. $9+ with a medium drink.

17. milquetoast

Deer Garden on Fraser St.
    Super busy, service was kind of shitty. Ordered the wrong noodles (my fault) so didn't really enjoy the food but it's on par with cattle cafe.

18. milquetoast

Tandoori Kona
    Had the butter chicken, 4 naan and 2 samosas for take out. It was okay but way over hyped in terms of how good it is and how big the portions are.

19. I ate at

[​IMG]

Botchergate Tandoori
    Indian Takeaway
    134 Botchergate
    Carlisle
    CA1 1SH

I only had the Extra Large Mixed Kebabbut it was tasty and a good deal at only £4.60!

20. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member

Jang Mo Jib in Richmond

We ordered the seafood pancake, dumpling soup, and soft tofu soup. The pancake was awesome but I've had better tofu soup. Perhaps it might have tasted a bit different to me because they make their own tofu?

Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd.

I had the cold soy pudding with black sesame. I think it would have tasted better hot though!