Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

KFC Double Down in Canada from October 18 to November 14

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Oct 10, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

DOUUUBLE DOWN.. ALL THE WAY.
    The quote couldn't be more wrong. The only reason why there's demand for the sandwich is society's sheer fascination with things that are extremely ridiculous.

[​IMG]

2. ema

ema Full Member

That's completely and utterly nasty.

I'd treat you to one though :p

3. milquetoast

With a side order of poutine please.

4. ema

ema Full Member

Wow, getting a little picky there aren't we now?

KFC's poutine is crap.

5. milquetoast

Agreed, but I doubt the Double Down is a culinary masterpiece. I just want something unhealthy to round off the sandwich.

6. annalam99

annalam99 New Member

I'm curious about this product. It's so bad for you... but looks so satisfying...

7. milquetoast

TBH it looks super small and all I hear is how salty it is. The grilled version is supposed to have even more sodium :confused:. Surprisingly, the numbers don't seem that bad when you compare them to other fast food and stuff from Earls, Cactus Club, etc.

The Double Down: 540 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1380 milligrams of sodium
    Earl's Santa Fe Chicken Salad: 880 calories, 44 grams of fat and 2100 mg sodium

8. ema

ema Full Member

Hi cheeseshredder, let's go eat one lol.

Yeah, I mean it's not going to KILL you unless you consume it EVERYDAY.
    But yeah from the ingredients I can see that it'll be salty.

9. tenshi888

tenshi888 Junior Member

I tried this at Metrotown's food court. It a TOTAL disappointment. It's literally the size of my palm, and I have a very small palm....the chicken was dry and it just didn't taste very good at all. Would've preferred any other burger to that.