Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Groceries Joti's No Frills Grand Opening

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Feb 16, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Grand opening - Wednesday Feburary 16 @ 9:00 am
    "If you find a cheaper price, simply show us and we will match."

Joti's nofrills
    310 West Broadway, Vancouver (it's at the old office depot location so there is free rooftop parking)

The flyer doesn't say much about any grand opening specials, only to see in-store for details.

Update: flyer viewable here http://www.shopnofrills.ca/LCLOnline/flyers_landing_page.jsp, just pick Joti's No Frills.

2. milquetoast

Went on Friday to pick up regular groceries, there were some good deals such as 99 cents for 1L of chocolate milk.
    It was pretty dead though (no lineups during check out (h5)). Tons of employees were standing around with nothing to do. Everything was yellow... their shelves, their poster ads, the wall of no name products.

Note: they had No Name 200g chips at the front for 99 cents, but if you look into the aisle they have President's Choice 235g chips for the same price which works out to be a better deal.

[​IMG]

3. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

4. Sarah

Sarah Guest

Is the roof top parking free or do I have to make a purchase?

5. milquetoast

I think it's free. Won today, Foremost Chocolate Milk 1L is still 99 cents.

President's Choice Spinach Dip was marked $1.49 but scanned at $2.49, got it free via SCOP.
    Chocolate Milk scanned at $1.00 instead of 99 cents, so got that free as well.

YMMV if you go now, they've probably fixed the prices.

6. 6u-huo.l.uV

man, when i went inside, i got a HUGE rush of yellow. that place will MESS YOU UP.
    anyway, got myself 4 cartons. I LIKE CHOCK-LIT MILK

7. 6u-huo.l.uV

seems like chocolate milk's always $1 for 1L.
    giant bag of cheesies are also cheaper than at superstore. they're $4.99 here

8. ema

ema Full Member

that's too yellow. makes me feel sick