Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Izumi-Tei - $9.99 Japanese Buffet Inside Izumi-Ya Marketplace

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, May 10, 2012.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

There's a new japanese style buffet that opened last week in Izumi-Ya (Golden Village in Richmond). I haven't had a chance to visit, but here are some pictures from friends on facebook. It looks promising! All you can eat (AYCE) with an hour time limit.

Izumi-Ya Marketplace
    7971 Alderbridge Way
    #160 Richmond, BC V6X 2A4
    Tel: (604) 303-1171

[​IMG]

Soft serve ice cream
    [​IMG]

$1 for a soft drink and a frosty cold glass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ema

ema Full Member

I wonder if they go straight to your table and tell you to leave because it's over 1 hour. Is there a +/- value with the 1 hour?

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What does +/- mean? In my line of "work" it's means with or without. I didn't see them enforce the policy explicitly but they do write down your time limit on a sticky note and the restaurant is still super busy. The buffet is pay before with a tip jar by the register.

I got to try it on Friday and they've raised their prices to $11.99 + tax for lunch/dinner. Apparently they don't close right at 8 pm. Customers were coming in and they were still restocking the food well past eight.

The food was alright. I liked the clams and the variety (though the sushi selection was poor).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fruits were limited to watermelon and honeydew but they did bring in some reject nectarines from the adjacent market :D.

The ice cream tastes icy rather than creamy, a friend described the taste as hot chocolate mix with water. I also got schooled on how to use the soft serve dispenser by a little Asian girl as I fumbled with the different knobs :oops:.

They have those gummy Japanese fruit candies by the register (possibly for kids only?) as you leave.

Overall, it's decent.

4. tojo

tojo Guest

they've lowered their price back to original

Weekdays: Regular $9.99, Seniors (65 & over) $8.99, Children (9 & under) $5.99, Children (3 & under) FREE
    Weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun): Regular $10.99, Seniors (65 & over) $9.99, Children (9 & under) $6.99, Children (3 & under) FREE

5. compass

compass Junior Member

That's a real deal, cheapest Japanese AYCE I think. Will check it out.