Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students International student at BCIT

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Tarek, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Tarek

Tarek New Member

I'm an international student from ukraine, I plan to apply for BCIT in Business Management.
    Is BCIT good for Busines studies ?
    Am i gonna be able to work and study full time? if so, what's the basic salary (on/off the campus)
    Any additional info about studying in vancouver is welcome. thanks

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

UBC Sauder and SFU Beedie are the two big local schools for business. Whether or not you will be able to study and work simultaneously would be up to you, it's certainly not impossible and plenty of people do it thought. However, BCIT has a reputation for being super dense in terms of course load.

For UBC, they have a Work Learn program for international students that pay pretty decently (way above minimum wage). Not sure if BCIT has a similar program. Minimum wage right now is $10.25/hour I think.