Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Incredible Asian food court at Aberdeen Mall in Richmond

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Nadine, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nadine

Nadine New Member

I was at Aberdeen Mall for the first time last weekend and I was very impressed with the amazing food court there! I felt like I was in Asia! I wrote about my experience and posted some pictures here:

http://socialmediabar.com/food-glorious-food

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

I know the place-it's the same greasy gunk all the other foodcourts like Parker Place, Yaohan and even the Public Market have I just don't see what the big deal is.

Back in June I was caught in a rainstorm and so went into Yaohan and ordered a Shrimp/Scrambled Egg over Rice dish-the eggs were hardly cooked at all and I had to argue to have them cooked properly the people who ran that stall were really ignorant and unfriendly.

Last time I was in the Public Market foodcourt some guy was trying to sell me a Pork culet-he was running a Sushi place!

Totally weird.

3. Bine

Bine Full Member

I remember you from DV. You have good taste in local restaurants. It is good to see you here. What recent places do you recommend?

4. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

I tried to add some links but this POFS format buggered everything up.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Pork cutlet is a Japanese thing so it's not out of the ordinary.

There's a lot of good relatively authentic food in Chinese food courts, you just need to know where and what to order. Same with Crystal Mall.

6. Hi Nadine,

I agree, the food at the Aberdeen Mall food court is amazing, but as milquetoast said, you just need to know where and what to order. My favorite place to go to is Leung Kee BBQ, and Wu Fung for their deep fried Chicken wings. Another place to go to while in Richmond is HK BBQ Master located in the parking lot of the Superstore. Their Roast Pork and BBQ Pork is to die for. People go there mainly for take-out, but they have 4-5 tables for eat-in as well.

7. TrevorH

TrevorH New Member

wholy cow i love aberdeen. I am addicted to mambo cafe and bubble waffle. Everything is priced very fair. wish I lived in richmond for aberdeen