Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

In What Way Do You Identify With The Canadian Flag?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Mar 12, 2017.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... here's a question for the canadians on the board, although other nationalities could transpose it to their own national flag ...

... my question is: do you feel the canadian flag represents who you are? would you be proud to wear a shirt or jacket that displayed the canadian flag on it prominently? would you feel free to post the flag as your banner on your facebook page?

... or on the other hand, do you feel the flag is simply the logo of a corporate entity called the federal government and doesn't have any bearing on you at all?

... how do you feel about the canadian flag? do you feel any ownership of it or not?

... comments?

[​IMG]

2. Hippie

Hippie Guest

The maple leaf looks like a pot leaf :)

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I do feel a degree of patriotism about my country home. I do wear clothing depicting the flag on occasion. I don't feel the need to post it on FB as most of the people there already know I'm Canadian. There are some online forums I am on where I do indicate my country of origin.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

... thanks for your great comment, Stuntman!

... personally, i have decided to start displaying the canadian flag on my website. the americans always display the stars and stripes proudly in everything they do including in entertainment and i think we should do the same up here ...

5. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

That flag causes me to feel a tender affection for America's Siamese Twin sister, because Canada is joined at the hip to us by the world's longest undefended border. Seeing the Canadian flag gives me a feeling of neighborliness and family, that it belongs right next to our Stars and Stripes. Vive Le Canada! May she always continue to be the sweet, peaceful and positive land everyone thinks of.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

.... a few years back in the other era when i was trapped in canada's corrupt jail and court system i became very disenchanted and angry with the government. i felt animosity for the flag. but now that things have stabilized and calmed down that animosity has gone away and my love for canada is regenerating and is becoming stronger all the time ...