Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Important mail may be late unless postal workers reach deal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 604YVR, May 19, 2011.

1. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

Source | News1130

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Hope they don't strike. I have lots of timely important paper work that needs to be sent this month.

3. milquetoast

Canada Post Forced to Shut Down Urban Operations Nationwide
    [​IMG]

4. 905desi

905desi New Member

i hope they're back to work soon ... i'm expecting a pay cheque in the mail.

5. milquetoast

Lockout at Canada Post – What It Means To Customers

Mail Deposit and Delivery
    • All mail processing plants and letter carrier depots are closed and all facilities have been secured. No new mail will be accepted. Large volume mailers cannot deposit or receive mail.
    • Mail Delivery is suspended to all addresses served by letter carriers represented by the CUPW (Urban). Some mail delivery will continue over the first few days of the lockout to clear mail remaining in the system in suburban and rural areas where delivery employees are represented by a different bargaining unit.
    • Street Letter Boxes, mail slots on Community Mail Boxes, and other Canada Post mail-receiving equipment have been cleared and sealed to prevent mail from being deposited.
    • Through a previous agreement, Canada Post and CUPW will ensure that a number of socio-economic cheques will be delivered on June 20. Please visit canadapost.ca/cheques for more information.
    Post Offices
    • All post offices staffed by CUPW members are closed.
    • Post Offices located in suburban and rural areas staffed by members of the Canadian Postmasters and Assistants (CPAA) continue to be open but cannot accept new mail.
    • Authorized Dealer Post Offices are also open but cannot accept new mail. Some Dealer Post Offices may be operating at reduced hours.
    • Post Offices that remain open offer limited products such as MoneyGram and Money Orders but no new mail will be accepted. Many open Post Offices will also have parcels and other mail items delivered prior to the lockout available for customers to pick up.
    Electronic Services
    • Canada Post’s website, canadapost.ca, is fully operational and offers up-to-date information on the labour situation.
    • The Electronic Shipping Tools and Online Business Centre are operational, but some functions may be limited.
    • epost is fully operational and remains a recommended tool for consumers to use for important communications and to receive statements and effect payments to many financial institutions, utilities, and retailers.
    Service Guarantees
    • Effective immediately, all service guarantees are suspended, pending resolution of the labour situation. Check product terms and conditions on canadapost.ca for more information.
    Duration
    • Canada Post cannot predict how long the current labour situation will last.
    • We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience this situation is causing. We are making every attempt to reach a settlement and resume normal operations as soon as possible.
    http://clients.infopost.ca/en/2011/06/lockout-at-canada-post-what-it-means-to-customers/

6. milquetoast

[​IMG]

...although I am worried about how they will deal with the backed up system. I'm actually scared that things will either get lost in the mess or "lost" by a disgruntled employee.