Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

If you ever eat at restaunts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elmware, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

...and they serve you a dinner roll but you decide not to eat it, please destroy it so it doesn't end up on someone else's plate. GROSS!

I used to work at a restaurant, and I would throw away the leftover dinner rolls, but the owner would give me shit for throwing them away. I even saw the cooks take them from the dirty dinner plates and put them back into the drawer where the dinner rolls were kept. This is unhealthy!

If you don't eat them, please destroy them. Please pull them apart and pour some water on them or something so they will have no choice but to throw them away.

2. Henry

Henry Junior Member

That's gross.. at the white spot i work at, as soon as it leaves my hand and arrives to the customer, it either has to be eaten or thrown away. If they return it and ask for a refund, it goes in the compost bin where it belongs...

3. phobasil

phobasil Guest

Same with the complimentary bread at fancy restaurants. I've also heard bubble tea places reuse tapioca and pho places recycle the Thai basil and bean sprouts.

4. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

It's unfortunate that nobody even does anything about it. It's against the rules, but yet nobody enforces it. That is why I want to urge people to destroy or mutilate any leftover foods.