Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

I have a Weight problem, help plz

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Night Of GuardianS, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I don't know what to eat anymore. Have been skinny my whole life. Can't seem to gain any weight. Been weighing the same for the past 10 years. I'm 26 but I look like 15. My sisters who grew up with me turned out normal. In fact, they are worried about gaining weight. I have tried having mcdonalds every day. It doesn't work. Gaining weight is so tough. It is so embarrassing to wear just a t-shirt in the Summer. I hate the pain of being skinny and I hate Summer so much cause I can't wear a jacket or sweater to cover up how skinny I am. At least fat people can lose weight by exercising. When I exercise I lose way too many calories. When I was working in construction I lost a few pounds.

2. Henry

Henry Junior Member

It's the little things that make some people weigh more than others.
    1) Try eating foods - Not just Mcdonalds- that are baked, stir-fry, etc (Using oil) but not unhealthy choices. Maybe try more sugary drinks but be careful of how much sugar you intake. And make sure to count your calories.
    2) Exercise - Try weight lifting/ muscle activities and not running/ cardio. Muscle will increase your body weight. After a workout, instead of getting an after-burn effect, eat a meal so you don't get skinnier!

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What type of exercise do you do? You need to incorporate some weights.

Are you Asian? You certainly fit the profile of someone who will have to work substantially harder than average to put on some bulk due to your metabolism, but it's not impossible. It'll just require a lot of hard work, research and dedication.

No matter what, don't compromise your health with junk food just to gain weight. It's something you'll certainly regret when you're older. Also talk to your doctor before you start any new training routine.

4. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

So... You want to GAIN weight... I'm no expert, but I would think by INCREASING the amount of calories you take in every day should then increase your weight!
    People who diet try to r-e-d-u-c-e- the amount of daily calories, it makes sence then for you to do the opposite!
    Eat a donut a day! Start having "seconds" at dinner! Or a slice of your favorite dessert e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y-, WITH ice cream!. That's in addition to your regular meals...
    If you like coffee/Starbucks, start ordering the beverage with the most calories! The one with the added sweeteners, flavors, and whipped creams!
    If you do go to McDonalds/fast food, order the larger portions/sizes...

Maybe discuss this with your doctor? He/she might refer you to a nutritionist?

If I could I'd gladly give you some of my extra weight! I need to lose about 40 pounds...

5. Dr. Zavosh

Dr. Zavosh New Member

One of the things you can do is eating more carbs. and do less cardio. You still should be moderately active and do some exercise. Stay away from fatty and unhealthy foods like McDs. Last but not least you should consult with a nutritionist.

6. lomew

lomew Guest

Hello Guys my weigh is very much and i face a great difficulty for breathing and also much more.So i request to all of you that give the accurate information about those that what kind of exercise should i do? and whats routine and whats food should i eat for losing weight and remove my difficulties.Thanks!