Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

I feel exploited and deceived

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Worry Resident, Jun 24, 2013.

?

Do You feel that Home Taxes are unfair?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I got My tax notice, is 400 more than last year, everything has gone up, school, please note that many schools have been closed by the bc government and taxes for schools keep going up, and for translink as well. ( and they want .5% more)
    the basic grant and the C additional grant are going to be eliminated in houses worth 1,200,000
    Soon we are going to be paying in the level of 6,000 I am paying right now 5,403 in yearly taxes.
    How about you guys? Anyone dare to compare? Or not worry yet?

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... unbelievable, Patrick. you have my sympathies. ridiculous, unfair and downright criminal! thank you for saying something!

3. Canada Day?

Canada Day? Guest

hi there Lads, how would You like Our Canada to be? The thing is that any government, either federal, provoncial, municipal or district, they have calculated Our lives in a way that We have only the bear minimum to live like slaves and keep working to pay tribute to a group of useless sob's.
    So it depends on evryone of You, what is going to be? Slavery or freedom?
    You have the ball lads (or You have the balls)? So kick hard!

the mechanic likes this.
  4. Average Joe

Average Joe Guest

I would like to say to the Prime Minister Stephen Harper that this move to lower interest rates is an injustice for Canadians, because in Our savings accounts We are getting garbache in exchange for interest accrued in Our deposits or investments at short term, and I would like to call in the Auditor General to look in to where is that money going, is it to pay a war instigated by the USA? or this is a lucrative and dirty maneuver to use Our money to gain Huge interest for the banks and or for the government, this is called "reversible usury" and this is unacceptable, Canadians are being reduced to the level of slavery to work all Our of lives to make a nest egg
    for the golden years and the supposed retirement savings are going to the drain, We are not making any income, all seniors on a fixed income in safe deposits are getting close to rubbish, Is this supposed to be Our Canada? We are a Country of homeless and hungry people deciding if We buy food or medicine, or if We use heat in winter or a heavy jacket inside Our homes (while We have one) I call this a mercenary move to steal You savings, let alone the huge provincial taxes, I am starting to think if is possible to shit money, if anyone in the government either federal or provincial can tell Me how to do it, I will gladly will give all My shit to them.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. Hi folks, I just want to bring You an update on My efforts to abolish property taxes.
    I had contacted the three federal parties (NDP, Liberal and Conservative) to express My concern that involves the concern of many of You in this province, I said that We are horrified to lose Our homes, I said that taxes had become a nightmare for every single resident that Owns a home.
    I extended with anguish in My efforts to pull a possitive answer that would give Me hope from any of the three politicians... and do You know what they said?
    are You going to vote for Me?
    so this is Canada now folks, and how long is this going to last? ... Until We allow it.
    We have the right to have a home, sweet home... or homeless bitter and resented against Our politicians, for their voracity, selfishness, greed and cruelty. We are allowing those greedy bastards to tax Our properties, We are sending the message with Our passive and tamed personality, paying for something that belongs to Us, Home!

the mechanic likes this.
  6. DNV Resident

DNV Resident Guest

Corrupted bastards.

the mechanic likes this.
  7. Investor

Investor Guest

So far the three candidates only promise to "screw You Less" this translates that they promise less taxes, is like in a flea market, "come on in here we screw you less" but none of them promise to share the huge gains in GST, PST, Natural resources, or interest gains on Our taxes collected and invested at 10% no matter what, Yes! Politician get 10% interest no matter what!

the mechanic likes this.
  8. No Shit

No Shit Guest

Why you guys didn't protest? Never too late, van7 is right we should protest to have our voices heard.

the mechanic likes this.
  9. Okay folks, We are going to get together at the Victoria Parliament on Family day BC.
    February 8 2016 at 10 am, so please plan with plenty of time to raise our voice and be there.
    Everyone in this Province is affected by the unreasonable and abusive way of taxing Our homes.
    As You saw in the news, more and more residents complaining and saying that Our homes are not a commodity from where We make money, Our homes are a patrimony destined to be inherited to Our children.
    BC FAMILY DAY IS OUR DATE, BE THERE!

the mechanic likes this.
  10. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... is this for real? wonderful news! property owners are actually starting to wake up regarding the injustice being perpetrated against them!

11. Attention home owners, if You are unhappy and paying paying property taxes based on a fictional market value exploited by the real state especulators and used as a toll by the government in combination with BC assessment, Voice Your opposition, Our homes are not a investment product from which You make money, Our homes are family patrimony, We are exploited and deceived, wake up and together United let's put an end to this era of fear and uncertainty.

VOICE YOUR OPPOSITION TO HOME TAXES.
    MONDAY FEBRUARY 8 FAMILY DAY AT THE VICTORIA PARLIAMENT AT 10AM.
    PLEASE BE THERE.
    PASS IT ON...