Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students How to stay awake

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by ema, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ema

ema Full Member

how do you stay awake to cram for an exam

2. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

Caffeine. Lots of it!

3. mission

mission Full Member

Personally, sacrificing sleep does not work for me because I may gain a few hours late at morning but the next day, I would not be as alert as I was and thus have a less productive day.

I rather not gain that few extra hours, go to bed, have a good night sleep and a productive day the next day.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The feeling of failure keeps me up.

5. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

be afraid to sleep

6. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I do not cram for exams. I sleep 10 hours a night. I feel so much better with enough sleep. When I don't have enough sleep I can't concentrate.

7. celia_zhong

celia_zhong New Member

Why you will cram for exams. If I am very concerned about the test. I won't thinking about tired or sleep.

8. ema

ema Full Member

So yeah nothing works lol. I think i manage time better now though

9. melissarauch

melissarauch Guest

Coffee works for me. But normally during the exam season I don’t feel much sleepy.

10. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member

NEVER study in bed.

11. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

This article seemed to help me during exams. It seems general but if you stick to it, it does wonders.

This is coming from experience.

Good luck!

12. orchidshell

orchidshell Guest

Coffee is the ideal option, it makes me refreshed. Also I would recommend group studies at night, it is really productive.

13. Isabel Rae

Isabel Rae Guest

I usually fall asleep when I drink caffeine, so I drink a glass of very cold/iced water to wake myself up.