Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How To Contest A Hydro Bill?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Apr 19, 2016.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So my hydro bill jumped considerably and I don't think i've been using more electricity than usual. How can I contest my bill amount?

2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i believe hydro provides a phone number on your bill where you can contact them. that would be a starting point ..

3. RDL

RDL Guest

Here's an idea: turn your lights off in the daytime. I did, and I saved $1.70 this bill compared to the previous bill.

4. BC Hydro

BC Hydro Guest

BC Hydro Customer Service

Call us for assistance with your BC Hydro account, to request payment arrangements, or with billing inquiries.

Call 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or 604 224 9376 in the Lower Mainland

Call Centre hours:
    Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Closed Sundays and holidays

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

billing inquiries eh? I wonder, after i 'enquire' about my unusual increases, what a person does after the rep. says their monitoring says you used more this month? I'm talking about contesting something...

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

Do you live in a house? If so, you can read the meter yourself. It probably would be too late for you to verify the meter reading weeks and month after your bill. Only thing you can do is check the meter from now on. If you live in an apartment/condo, I'm not sure where you would find the meter for your unit. When I used to live in an apartment, I never looked for the meter.