Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Have you ever had to work with such a jerk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elmware, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

I mean, my co-worker is a complete total jerk. I have to work with this Cantonese guy, from Hong Kong. He doesn't even speak proper English, or he mumbles when he speaks, and wonders why I can't understand him. He does nothing but complain. He's such a whiny little bitch! He tells the bos that I never do what he tells me to, like as if I'm being disobedient to him. I can hardly ever understand a single word he is saying, and if I ask him what he said, he complains about that too.

Some examples of his bad English is when he asks for a tape measure, he calls it a ruler. In the shop, we use rulers as well, so when he asks for a ruler, and I bring him a ruler, he gets all pissed off and complains to the bos. The other day, he asked for an erasable pencil. I get a pencil, and he's all mad, because it was not what he wanted. What he wanted was a blue marking pencil. They are used to mark the surface, and can be wiped off, but that is NOT what he said he wanted. He's just a jerk.

If that isn't enough, he'll have his radio blaring all day, with some foreign Cantonese station. What's annoying, is that he plays nothing but talk radio, all day, and it all sounds like a bunch of foreign gibberish to me. I wouldn't mind if he at least played some music. Even if it were in Cantonese, but the chatting in a foreign language is so inconsiderate.

He also hoards shop tools and supplies in his van. If there's something that I need, and I ask him if it's in his van, he'll tell me no, but if I have to get the bos to ask him, then he'll go get it, from his van.

What a fucking douche-bag, this guy is!

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

this is very bad for your mental health and workplace harmony! There should be mediation services for this type of situation available to employees before you quit. Obviously there is no Human Resources dept. at your company? The thing is, if you quit, the next guy is going to have the same issues. This will take a terrible toll on your mental and physical health if nothing changes. One should be able to quit a situation like this and cite mental or physical health reasons. Maybe you could contact some Ministry people to say you need to quit your job for mental health reasons, because it is a mentally unhealthy situation for any worker.

BC Ministry of Labour: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/g...tourism-and-skills-training/ministry-contacts

Go to your doctor and get some kind of documentation saying how much this is detrimentally affecting your mental health.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/suicide-labrador-mother-speaks-1.3867965?cmp=rss

"
    The mother of a Labrador man who took his life recently is blaming what she calls inhumane and racist treatment from his co-workers at the iron ore mine in Labrador City for his suicide.

Lorne Winters, 36, died nearly four months ago following what his mother says was a tumultuous work experience with the Iron Ore Co. of Canada.

He's one of five people health officials say have killed themselves in Labrador West over the past eight months, with a union official saying four of the five either worked for or had worked for IOC."