Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Good Dim Sum place that still use the carts (Vancouver preferred)

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Sep 5, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Call it nostalgia, but Dim Sum isn't Dim Sum to me without the carts and yelling. What are some good places that still serve items that way?

2. ema

ema Full Member

DAI TUNG still does the cart!
    Agreed man, I hate ticking the choices off on the paper -.-

3. o

o Junior Member

33rd and victoria forgot its name....
    and ...garden villa on west pender, still uses carts last time i was there :)

4. mickey

mickey New Member

Golden Swan on Victoria and 38th (I think) have both cart and list and maybe Sun Sui Wah on Main st use to but I haven't gone for a long time since I usually go to Richmond ones and most of those are off a list.

I did notice that there was one around Golden Swan area but across the street that looked busy every time I drove by in passing and have heard from friends that it's pretty decent... but don't know if it's cart

5. milquetoast

You might be thinking of Western Lake? I know the restaurant (prior to the name change) had the carts and it was cheap and decent. Not sure if they have the carts now with the new branding.

Richmond is okay too. I never go that far mainly because I don't know where to go.

6. lwza

lwza Junior Member

I hate those stupid carts. The people pushing them are so.. pushy! lol.

there's one on Broadway and Nanaimo beside Bons. Went there a while ago with my family, and I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon because the servers kept butting into our conversations to ask us if we wanted to have anything from the carts. NO WE DON'T WANT THOSE CHICKEN FEET!!!!

7. milquetoast

Oh Golden Phoenix. Still... carts FTW.

8. chowtimes

chowtimes New Member

aroilema likes this.
  9. stephen F

stephen F Guest

Just there they stopped using carts