Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Glasses nose pads

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Jun 22, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Yeah, a bit of an odd thing to ask but where can you find these locally besides optical stores (unless they offer them for cheap). Haven't found them at any dollar stores.
    I've checked online and discovered that there are pretty fancy nose pieces made out of special silicone and polymers. They even had hypoallergenic ones, which is cool but expensive.

So far ebay's been the cheapest: 30 Silicone glasses "Screw In" Nose Pads + Screwdriver + Microfibre cloth for $12.06 with free shipping (seller: e-optical-shop).

2. chuey603

chuey603 Junior Member

Wow, I never thought to get those before. I have these stick on clear pads that help my glasses stay up (the joys of a Chinese nose and trying to wear thicker rimmed glasses without nose pads). They fall off every couple of weeks and get kind of gross but its the only thing I've ever used on them.

How do these "Screw In" nose pads work?

3. Pechboy

Pechboy Junior Member

Hi Cheeseshredder, try the optical shop in City Square Mall, run by a HK chinese young man. They were great, no only did they clean my lens and adjusted my frames for free, they even replaced the nose pads for free too. This is a common service optical shops in asian provide for free, so guess they are doing the same here. You might be able to 'buy' an extra set from them for a small amount.

4. tenshi888

tenshi888 Junior Member

The optical place I go to in Parker Place helps you switch the nose pads as long as you bought the glasses there, so you may want to ask your optical shop if they have that perk!