Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

GetCheckedOnline - Online STI Check in BC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STD Screen, May 15, 2015.

1. STD Screen

STD Screen Guest

New initiative by the BCCDC to lower the barrier for STI screening. STI is the new term for STDs to emphasize that most of the time, there are no signs or symptoms.

GetCheckedOnline allows you to print out your own lab requisition and see your test results online. At this time, it's invitation only so you have to go to the BCDC STI Clinic to request access a promo code.

https://getcheckedonline.com/

You can try requesting a promo code here: https://getcheckedonline.com/Pages/RequestInvitation.aspx

Or you can look for the Just Makes Sense posters and postcards with promo codes at various bars, clubs and businesses in Davie Village, or click on the banner ads on websites and apps like Grindr, Squirt and Scruff.

aboleth_lich likes this.
  2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

These blood tests are useless. Window dressing the process by making the requisition printable is so much pap. If they can't find Lyme disease, they can't find many sti's as well. Trust me on that. #false security

3. rorrim

rorrim Guest

@flutterby you are welcome to spend thousands of dollars at the naturopath for unproven blood tests based on pseudoscience instead.

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Superior microscopy for sti's ie. Darkfield, isn't being done anywhere. Where am I suggesting in my post that people go to a Naturopath for serology? It's easy to see with the naked eye, Spirochetes via Live Blood Analysis where blood tests are negative. There's nothing 'pseudoscience' about Live Blood Analysis....go away you ignorant, medical-system-shill.

The problem is the useless blood tests, not that people can't get a requistion. Stop with these band-aid b.s. initiatives.

5. farfetched

farfetched Guest

You can sign up without a promo code with this email invitation link: https://getcheckedonline.com/_layouts/GCBC/Pages/Account/InvitationCode.aspx?uc=bWK15B32V 09RDir9IDGCBJpW9p4rR1ahvmjQ1sMz0Y=

Fill in your information and then they ask you some questions which you can decline to answer. After they suggest things you should get tested for. You can uncheck items or add items if you want. It didn't suggest Hepatitis C for me though and I had no option to add it. Strange.

6. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Junior Member

This is a truly fantastic idea! Hopefully making the testing process more accessible as such will help curtail the spread of the applicable STIs!

(Of course, one must still visit a participating lab for sample collection and analysis. That'll be the case until and unless someone is eventually able to develop a broad, affordable, disposable lab-on-a-chip assay device comparable to a home pregnancy test for common STIs.)

7. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

They have these for HIV similar to a diabetic capillary sugar check. I demoed one for work at one of the community youth clinics. You still have to see a physician or a nurse though I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes available over the counter one day.

aboleth_lich likes this.
  8. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the title of this thread has me baffled. unless i've been transported into the future, i didn't think you could do a blood test through your computer or mobile phone ...