Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Free hosting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cata, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Cata

Cata New Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about free web hosting service I use now.
    Register here: http://hostyd.com

They give 2000 MB of disk space and 100 GB data transfer. I am now using them for about 3 months and never seen any downtime of server problems. There is no any kind of advertising on my pages too, so I think its worth to signup.

They also offer cheap domains and you get over $100 worth of Free Services with every Domain you Register:

Privacy Protection
    DNS Management
    Domain Theft Protection
    etc.

2. lumix

lumix Full Member

Good info..

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What's the catch? Any ads?

4. Cata

Cata New Member

@cheeseshredder: There are no catches, no setup fees, no forced advertising, no banners, no popups and no hidden charges. Only totally free hosting service.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

How long has this hosting service been running? There are a lot of free hosting companies that spring up overnight and disappear after a year or two and steal your information :S.

6. Cata

Cata New Member

From WHOIS: Registered On June 03, 2012

I know there are a lot of free hosting appeared overnight, but HostYD do not fall into that category.