Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Finances & Real Estate Free Canadian Income Tax Software to File Your Return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Feb 20, 2011.

  1. milquetoast

    milquetoast Senior Member

    Listed below are some free ways to file your CRA income tax return for 2010. StudioTax is basically an electronic version of the federal and provincial tax forms so while it will calculate the results for you, you'll still have to know what and where to input values and what forms you need.

    UFile and TurboTax (formerly QuickTax) are better options if you would like more guidance in completing your tax return since it's laid out somewhat in a survey format with a lot of hand-holding. Note that UFile and TurboTax (formerly QuickTax) are free if you meet certain conditions.

    StudioTax 2010 - http://www.studiotax.com/en/download.htm
    • Free for personal use regardless of income
    UFile Online - https://secure.drtax.ca/ufile/login.aspx
    You can use UFile online for free if:
    • You were a post-secondary student last year (or)
    • Your total family income is $20,000 or less based on Line 150 of the federal return (or)
    • You are aged 60 or older (use code 543P292 in the Special Offers page)
    TurboTax Student Online Edition - http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/student-online.jsp
    You can use the Student Online Edition if:
    • You paid tution fees during the 2010 calendar year and you hold a T2202A, TL11 or its equivalent
    • Your household income is under $20K gross (that is, before taxes)
    TurboTax Free Online Edition - http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/free-online.jsp
    You can use Free Online Edition if:
    • You Earned Income: you receive T-slips, like T4s & T4As. You may have have tip income and/or pension income.
      • You are not self-employed
      • You do not have investment income or RRSPs
      • You have not made any charitable donations or investments
    • You Have Simple Deductions: you receive only 'standard' federal & provincial deductions
  2. pygmaro

    pygmaro Guest

    How can I claim tax return for home renovation by Ufile? Thanks.
  3. sjds

    sjds Guest

    There is no Home Renovation Tax Credit for 2010.
  4. milquetoast

    milquetoast Senior Member

  5. West_Coast

    West_Coast Junior Member

    I use Ufile and I like it's simplicity! I would definitely recommend it to all who want to do their taxes online

Share This Page