Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Flowers?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by BCBC, Jun 8, 2011.

1. BCBC

BCBC New Member

Hello all,

New to this great city.

Is there a flower market anywhere in the city with a LARGE selection of cut flowers?
    Perhaps a large street vendor or a shop. Hopefully some place with selection much bigger than a supermarket perhaps?

Near downtown Vancouver or Burnaby?

Thanks,
    BC

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Any decent florist should have a good selection. For downtown options, can't speak personally but people seem to like Choice Flowers (in the mall on Burrard St). http://www.choiceflowers.ca/

3. oogie

oogie Guest

Welcome to Vancouver! Hope I'm not too late in replying... there are some great flower carts dotted around downtown that sell fresh flowers really cheap...ie: 3 bunches of 5 tulips for $8 in the springtime. Only problem is that they're only out on weekdays. One located on Dunsmuir near Howe, another on Howe near W Pender, used to be one by the Pharmasave on W Pender...not sure if it's there any more. Also a cart located on corner of W Broadway and Granville (in front of Chapters). I think this one might be out on Saturdays, too!

4. Mary

Mary Guest

Whole Foods on 8th near Cambie has a large floral area. I have heard that their prices are excellent, as well.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

So, I actually picked up a bouquet from Choice Flowers awhile ago. Linda Kook, the very nice lady that works there has a pretty unique decoration style. It's very cheery and colourful.

She threw in a few extra flowers because I had to wait. In total, I probably waited 15-20 minutes?

Here are some pictures. FYI: I took a 45 minute bus/skytrain/walk during rush hour, the presentation and layout were much neater when I first got it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. johnsunnel

johnsunnel New Member

Fresh flowers are a wonderful gift and special gifts for many occasion. Flowers can be considered special items for special people like our mother or our friends and especially girls always love flowers. It has been a tradition to some people to send flowers during special occasions like birthdays, anniversary and a lot more.