Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Facebook Friendship Page - how do I disable it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Oct 31, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The new feature where you can see mutual & common content between friends is more than a tad creepy, at least without a way to set privacy settings. Sure some might appreciate being able to reminisce about old photos, events & wall posts with a specific friend, but I think it's safe to say that no one wants a random third party (stalkers, jealous exes, nosey friends, relatives etc) to be able to join in on the nostalgia. :rolleyes: I think most people would rather NOT give friends the ability to click "See Friendship" on their wall.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off at the moment, let me know if you find one. They shouldn't have launched it without an opt-out or at least a way to set it viewable to "Only Me".

Edit: Seems quite a backlash is brewing in response how poorly this feature was implemented: http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=443390892130