Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Elia's place

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Elia, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Elia

Elia New Member

Hi guys, I'm Elia an italian guy who wants to open a take away restaurant mainly regarding Lunigiana's typical dishes (Lunigiana is an italian territory located between Tuscany and Liguria). I decided to create this thread since I'd like to know what would you think about it and its recipes.

Here they are:

Panigaccio: The panigaccio is a Lunigiana's typical dish, prepared in testi (iron devices pan-like used to cook) symbol of what this cuisine truly means: Few and "poor" ingredients combined together to get the meal done. We need just floor, water, and salt to make a delicious panigaccio which can be seasoned with stracchino, cured meat (salame, ham, sausage) nutella, and why not, even Canadian maple syrup.
    [​IMG]

Sgabeo: The sgabeo is simply fried batter which can be seasoned with many ingredients. It's similar to the panigaccio, but it's definetely more crunchy and tasty.
    [​IMG]

Torta D'Erbi: Torta D'Erbi literally means "vegetables pie" and it's a typical salad pie of my region stuffed with wild herbs (borragine, beets, leeks, etc..) It can be cooked in testi as well!
    [​IMG]

I'd like to know your point of view. I need your complete sincerity.

Do you like this idea? Would you eat this type of food? How much would you pay to eat things like this?

Let me know, every tip and opinion will be well accepted.

See y'all, Elia