Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Elia's Place

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Elia's Place, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Elia's Place

Elia's Place Guest

Hi guys, I'm Elia an italian guy who wants to open a take away restaurant mainly regarding Lunigiana's typical dishes (Lunigiana is an italian territory located between Tuscany and Liguria). I decided to create this thread since I'd like to know what would you think about it and its recipes.
    Here they are:

Panigaccio:
    The panigaccio is a Lunigiana's typical dish cooked in testi (iron devices pan-like that are used to cook in my region), symbol of what this cuisine truly means: Few and "poor" ingredients combined together to get the meal done. We need just floor, water, and salt to make a delicious panigaccio which can be seasoned with stracchino, cured meat (like salame, ham, sausage) nutella, and Canadian syrup.
    [​IMG]

Sgabeo: Sgabei are simple fried batter that can be seasoned with many ingredients; very similar to the panigaccio, but definetely more crunchy and tasty.
    [​IMG]

Torta D'Erbi: Torta D'Erbi which literally means "Vegetables Pie", is a salad pie mainly stuffed with wild herbs (borragine, beets, leekc, etc..") cooked in testi
    [​IMG]

I'd like to know your point of view, and most of all I need your complete sincerity. Would you buy this kind of food? How much would you pay for it? Do you like this idea?
    Let me know, every suggestion is well accepted.
    See y'all, Elia.