Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Automotive Drivers side manual lock is no longer working - Requires a locksmith

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harmony Herman, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Harmony Herman

Harmony Herman New Member

hey i have my car 2002 land rover and i'm facing problem with the door lock of my car. The driver side door lock is no longer working i can't unlock it using key so sometimes it becomes very difficult for me to come out of the car therefore i requires a locksmith who can fix this issue. if anyone knows about it or knows a cheaper way to fix it plzz suggest me about it.

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

How's it not working? Does the key go in? Does it turn? Can you take it out?

If something is stuck in there you can try using lock de-icer (you can use WD-40 in a pinch but it's not preferred because it can gum it up even more).

Squirt it into the lock a few times, keep a power towel underneath to collect the liquid that comes out.

You should re-lubricate the lock with graphite afterwards

3. johnson cooper

johnson cooper New Member

Sounds like the gearbox in the door has gone. I think a locksmith would charge about £50 to get the door open then around £150 to sort it all out. Depends on where you live in the country.

4. LittleFinger

LittleFinger New Member

Oh yeah, good advice up here about WD-40. Don't know cases when it doesn't work. But if it really doesn't then consider an option to call for locksmith. They can help you in such circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2019
  5. Broady

Broady New Member

Oh, I have the same problem now. Locksmith is the only way to solve that issue? Or there are some other options?