Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Do You Think Some People Get Overly Attached To Their Doctors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Jul 30, 2017.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i went in for a quick consultation with a doctor the other day and i found it a very interesting visit -- so interesting i could come up with several different topic threads about it ...

... but one thing that struck me was the interest he had for me and how it made me feel. he asked me a lot of questions about how my mental health was and then after that he expressed a keen interest in my physical health as well. the thing is, it seemed like he genuinely cared about my wellbeing and i admit it was kind of comforting to hear. but i knew it wasn't genuine, rather he was just doing his job. but the thing is, i could easily see how someone could let their emotions get carried away and really feed off the sense of compassion the doctor was giving, especially needy or lonely people ...

... and i was actually talking to someone about this a few weeks ago and he mentioned the same thing, that he knows people who became very attached to their doctors and see them frequently for any little thing however minor ...

... any thoughts about this? COULD a person become emotionally attached to their physician?

... any comments?

flutterby likes this.
  2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Patients can sometimes become overly attached to their doctor, yes.