Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Do all of you live in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bine, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Bine

Bine Full Member

Just wondering as this forum seems to be more Vancouver related! I like it.

I live in Kitsilano.

YOU?

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

Not in the city of Vancouver, but I am in Metro Vancouver.

3. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Nope i live in the UK

Night Of GuardianS likes this.
  4. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Grew up in, and still live and work in the area just south of the City... 40+ years now...

5. Bine

Bine Full Member

Where in the UK? I lived in Fulham (London) for a while.

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

7. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the sunshine coast and just lovin' it!

8. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Hi Bine,
    I Iive in Essex

9. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I live in Dania Beach, south Florida. I use this forum because I used to be on the old Discover Vancouver Forum, which as we all know was a veritable Wild West. Though I am not Canadian and have never lived in Canada, I have connections to the country. At one time half my extended family lived there.

In Trinidad, the Caribbean island where I grew up, Canada plays a big role in the country's life. Many of us have friends or relatives who migrated there. Many of us studied in Canada before they returned to Trinidad. Canadian products are often in our shops.

Stuntman likes this.
  10. Bine

Bine Full Member

Where is Dania compared to the larger cities such as Tampa, Miami etc...I had thought earlier that you were from the north-east somewhere. I had thought Boston.

Nice swimming beaches in Trinidad. Did you know Hasley Crawford?

11. Vivek Golikeri

No, I never knew Hasley Crawford personally. I lived in New Jersey for eighteen years. Dania is in Broward County, south-east Florida and north of Miami. Tampa is on Florida's west coast.

12. Vivek Golikeri

I have always been very pro-Canada. The bigots and idiots on cyber-forums seldom represent their countries. They represent mental problems married to the ability to use a computer.

13. Bine

Bine Full Member

If you were in New Jersey then you were a short trip to New York City. There are a lot of fun things to do there.

14. Vivek Golikeri

I once wrote a long poem "Mistress New York," comparing the city with a dominatrix. "There she sits beside the November-chilled Hudson / Like a dragon viewing its own reflection in the mirror....." I loved New York. So much to see, so much to do. Also, in the 1980's US suburbia was sterile and alienating. There was no open violence or racial persecution like I had suffered in England in 1976. But most white people in the Reagan Era just didn't even want to talk to or have more than really necessary.

In New York, I felt alive rather than just existing. I felt so included. Non-whites were actually the majority, and even the whites were mostly Jewish whites. So polite, so cultured and intelligent. Prior to my embittering experiences with underhanded Ashkenazi racism at the City College of New York, I used to love Jews.