Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Disney's The Lion King Broadway Musical Tour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Aug 4, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I have tickets to see this tonight (got them months ago, so I don't know how available they are currently), was wondering if anyone saw it already and what their thoughts are?

2. Leonine

Leonine New Member

I saw it on opening night. I thought it was absolutely amazing - prepare to have a fantastic time.

3. caramellatte

caramellatte New Member

Tickets are pretty expensive, aren't they? Is it worth it?

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

It was great. Though, my seats certainly weren't close and the seating made peering over other people's head a bit of a chore.

I felt it picked up more in the second act where there were more character interactions in place of African chants. The whole musical was filled with creative sets, costumes and choreography but the first half felt like it lacked passion and emotion.

5. Leonine

Leonine New Member

The actor who played Scar in mine was...an understudy I guess? It wasn't the actor listed in the program. I also felt his lines were a bit un-Scar like. But I'm a huge fan of the movie, so perhaps I'm nitpicking. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

6. canucksraymond

canucksraymond New Member

is it sold out already?

7. mikli

mikli New Member

This show is over!!

8. bathingape

bathingape New Member

it's a great show!@!!!

9. kfrasca

kfrasca New Member