Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

coastmountain video testing

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by newton, May 16, 2011.

1. newton

newton Guest

I have video test for coastmountain bus company , any one who can give some tips about this bus drivers start video test.

thanks
    newton

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What's a video test? Did you apply for a job there?

Edit: nvm figured it out. Apparently Translink is hiring 300 new drivers for 2011.

Anyone know if it's true that they favour minorities and women?

3. bus driver

bus driver New Member

Did you get an interview? How was it? Can anyone share any info about the interview?

Thanks

4. droid

droid Junior Member

Any further info?

5. helloketty

helloketty Guest

further info?

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Further info = the video test is BS.

7. inderpal

inderpal Guest

me too

8. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Well... This might be a little bit dated, as it was over 20 years ago, and it was "BC Transit" back then, but they showed us a video of situations that can occur on a bus, and then asked us multiple choice questions on how to deal with those situations... Situations such as drunks, problem passengers, repetative questions/situations...

I would suggest SAFETY 1st! Sure we do have rules and regulations, but sometimes rules need to be bent a little for the greater good... If possible, keep that bus moving... Get those people to where they want to go...
    Most drunks are harmless, and are only going so far on the bus...
    Some situations there are no right answers, just the overall best of the bunch of choices in front of you...
    Bus drivers are NOT cops...

9. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

10. ca_FTW

ca_FTW Junior Member

I did the Video Test in April 2012..
    It was all straight forward and as Superchecker says..Just keep in your mind that Safety is the number one thing. Also keep in mind as Superchecker said, your a Bus driver not a cop.

The Video is im sure the same one that Superchecker did, cause it looks like it was filmed in the Early 80's. So you get a good laugh because of the hair and Slang the people use.. It was like watching bad comedy..

After the Video test there is a Comprehension Test.
    Where you read some information and then answer questions based on the info you read..

Good luck.. to All..
    I will update as i go through the steps..