Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

city parking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DEXTER, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DEXTER

DEXTER New Member

Hi guys, could anyone point me into the right direction to find the closest carpark to Vancouver City Centre Skytrain station? I will have to pick up someone with luggage from there, I am after closest carpark to the station, to avoid dragging the luggage through the city... if you also know prices for the carpark it would be great, or time limits for parking on the roads in the area (maybe parking up to 15min is permitted - something like this?... I am not local, please give directions which I can find on Google maps. Unfortunately I could not find a website listing all carparks in the city, that would have helped a lot. Thank you.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Welcome to Canada... enjoy the clusterf*ck! When you say you're picking someone up at 'Vancouver City Centre' skytrain station I can honestly say I do not know what you're talking about. There is a skytrain terminus at Waterfront which is in Gastown, but i think you could find a station closer to the airport than that. Then there's a station on Main street that is beside the train station (Via rail.) I'm trying to think of a skytrain station that has some parking beside it. The only one that comes to mind is Patterson in Burnaby. Yeah, they don't make it easy for people newly arriving with luggage who then have to skytrain somewhere. I remember in England that at least the trains had above-seat racks for luggage etc.

3. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member