Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty cheap mens haircuts in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kev, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Kev

Kev Guest

Anyone any suggestions, preferably somewhere downtown, willing to pay $15-$20

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Dunno if you're gonna get that price range downtown. Chura is popular and they're at the lower end of the spectrum at $28.

TBH I just go to the cheap $10 asian places by my house haha, unless I have a groupon for a fancier place.

3. scissor boy

scissor boy Guest

As a stylist with 25 years experience I can tell you that you get what you pay for. A cheap haircut generally looks and grows out like a cheap haircut.
    If you are looking for a great haircut at a cheaper price, try being a men's hair model at Zinc Academy. Cuts take a few hours and the education program is geared towards professionals already in the business who are upgrading their skills. Zinc is on 16th Avenue between Cambie and Oak and have some very talented cutters there. 604.738.7999

4. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

haha. get your hair cut at home like i do now...

5. ema

ema Full Member

I know your famous mushroom bowl cut.

6. Hamburgler

Hamburgler New Member

Sorrento barber Hastings at Nanaimo.

7. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

why, thank you. i'm quite proud of it

8. mission

mission Full Member

The really cheap ones? Goto Chinatown, Main Street where HSBC is. There are several hair dressers there, you can get cheap cuts for less than the $15 you mentioned. Last known price was $10 for haircut but maybe $12 now. If you want to dye or perm, their prices are cheap too.

9. mission

mission Full Member

There is also a barber along Columbia St in New Westminster doing haircuts for less than $10.

10. milquetoast

On Victoria Dr. and 41st, there's a place for $7.99 where the old Subway used to be. Big sign advertising it but I've never gone there personally. There are a few others in the area for $8 (City Cut and the place near Wescana). Further South is mostly $9-15/cut excluding tip.

11. milquetoast

Nevermind, it's $7.88.
    [​IMG]

12. mission

mission Full Member

$7.88 is the best deal in town!

Ps. What a small photo :)

13. milquetoast

^Sorry about that, tapatalk resizes it by default. I took it while waiting at the bus stop, using WiFi from that McDonald's :).

I think some places in Chinatown might be cheaper than $7.88.

14. mission

mission Full Member

Went by Main St in Chinatown and yes, those chinese hairdressers are $7.88. I guess cheapest in town!

15. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

How much tips you guys pay? I had a haircut at the Superstore parking lot in Richmond today. The haircut was around $12, but I left the guy a $6 tip.

16. mission

mission Full Member

That's like a 50% tip :eek:

Either the guy is too handsome or you are loaded with cash.

I do notice that a lot of people do not pay tips. Either they are ignorant or the economy is bad.

I leave a 15% tip for my haircut.

17. Danny BSince83

Danny BSince83 New Member

(btwn W 17th & W 18th St.), North Vancouver BC

Banaz Shakir is a good stylist and is the best haircut/ experience of haircut I have had.