Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Census Canada 2011 Jobs

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by milquetoast, May 18, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Just a FYI if you applied for a census job with the government: they're still calling people to take the enumerator test. Most of their hiring will occur at the end of the month.

I filled the application out in January and got called earlier this month to take the test. The test itself is deceptively easy, so watch out of the troll questions. There are more of them on the real deal than on the practice. If you get a perfect score then you're guaranteed an interview.

As for attire, I'd say half the people dressed up (I did not). One dude even wore this shirt.

I got a call requesting a phone interview yesterday morning, but will likely decline. In any case, here are some potential interview questions I found on another forum:
    1. You are an enumerator. Imagine a loan officer from a bank asks you for information about your client, Ms. Jones. How would you handle the situation?
    2. Can you tell me a situation in the past where you had to handle a difficult person and how you went about solving the situation?
    3. You are put in a team to obtain information from a person around your area by phone. No matter how hard you try, the person would not give any relevant information. How would you handle the situation?
    4. Can you tell me a situation in which you had to meet tight deadlines. What did you do?
    5. Name a time where you had a co-worker with a bad attitude, how did you approach the problem?
    Good luck :)!

2. Niu

Niu Guest

I just done my phone interview with the Canada census. I feel that I didn't answer the questions well and will most likely decline too. :sad:

However, the questions that previous person posted were really helpful because they asked the exactly same questions. When I heard the questions, I was surprised and was like "omg! I just saw these question on the forum!!"

Here are the questions I was being asked.
    1. You are an enumerator. Imagine a loan officer from a bank asks you for information about your client, Ms. Jones. How would you handle the situation?
    2. Can you tell me a situation in the past where you had to handle a difficult person and how you went about solving the situation?
    3. You are put in a team to obtain information from a person around your area by phone. No matter how hard you try, the person would not give any relevant information. How would you handle the situation?
    4. Can you tell me a situation in which you had to meet tight deadlines. What did you do?
    I think the "correct" answer they are looking for is to keep confidential. You don't tell other person's personal information to third party, since all the information for Canada census is keep confidential. And I failed to answer it correctly. :'(

3. milquetoast

I've heard that the interview is more of a formality and hiring is mainly dependent on your test score, but the question you missed could be a deal breaker. Confidentiality is pretty important :p.

4. Bebe

Bebe Guest

Yes, just did the interview, these were the questions

5. milquetoast

Anyone working at the moment? I heard the job isn't too great and that they are really unorganized.

6. yup, and we take an oath, life long, that we will NEVER reveal any information. if you want to have a responder, when you call 911, fill in your Census.
    that is how your municipality counts you.
    want schools? roads? buses? skills training? an MLA? then count yourself.

7. milquetoast

So my household completed the census online ages ago, but we're still getting hassled by the enumerators. One of them told us just to redo it :rolleyes:.