Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Canon 6D vs. Nikon D600 - Which is better?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

...much has been written about the soon-to-be-released the new DSLR cameras with full-frame sensors from Canon and Nikcon, the 6D and the D600.

Here's a preliminary matchup:

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-6D-vs-Nikon-D600

[​IMG]
    Canon-EOS-6D

[​IMG]
    Nikon D600

So which one is better?

For stills?

For video?

Overall?

2. Joe

Joe Full Member

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Unfortunately, the D600's sensor is way better than Canon's. Rumor has it that the 5D Mark II will have another price drop soon. Very few use Nikon for film.

4. Joe

Joe Full Member

yeah...but how do you know that this the case with Canon's new model, the 6D? Hasn't been released yet.

I'm interested in buying one or the other soon.

Was gonna buy the 5D/7D, but then these new models were announced and the salesman told they're much better for capturing full frame video.

Also thought about buying the Canon XH1A-S video camera at one time, but I hear now it's passe and everyone wants 'camera in a box' DSLR.

[​IMG]

5. Night Of GuardianS

The Canon 5D mark 3 was released not too long ago. The sensor just can't match up to nikon's. Dxomark is a good site to compare the sensors. The D600 scored very high for high ISO performance. The 6D sensor will pretty must be like 5D mark 3's. I am saving up for the D600 or 6D. I like Canon better, but just that Nikon sensor is at the top of the top. They use a modified Sony sensor. Doesn't affect video though.

I guess you should wait for the 6D or just get the 5D Mark 2. Rumor has it on Canonrumor's website that the 5D Mark 2 will drop to $1699 or so.

6. Night Of GuardianS

I got to hold the 5D Mark 2 today. It was nice. I want one. I just hope it won't be sold out by December. They are kind of phasing out since the 6D is coming in 2 months. They will lower the 5D mark 2 price to around $1600 very soon cause the 6D is going to be around $2099.

7. NicoleJ

NicoleJ New Member

Both of them are good brand for cameras but I think most of the people especially photographer prefer Canon because of its big storage capacity.