Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Buying A DSLR Camera

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by Henry, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I'm planning to buy a DSLR, but not sure if the Canon Rebel T3I Is a good choice? Opinions?
    What kind of lens should i get? I like to take nice landscape shots around vancouver as well as night photography. Planning to get it used - budget around 500- 1000$.
    Any good stores to recommend or other cameras?

Thanks!

2. lenkov

lenkov Junior Member

Check out the Lumix range of cameras. I recommend them.
    https://panasonic.ca/english/audiov...ll/index.asp?cam=Interchangeable lens systems

These are micro four thirds, they are more compact in size, with interchangeable lens.
    If you don't like them, Canon is reputable brand so can go for it.

As for stores, I would recommend London Drugs or Black Photos (store at Metrotown, close to food court). You can't go wrong with London Drugs, they have good customer service and they price match too.

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Get yourself a used T3i and used 18-55mm, 55-250, and 50mm f1.8. Craigslist is a good place. If you decide that you don't want to learn about aperture, shutterspeed iso etc and that photography is not for you then you can easily sell the camera and the lens for the same price that you paid. Canon DSLRs have been on the market for so long that there are massive amount of used and affordable lens and bodies on Craigslist. If you want to save $100 get the T2i instead of T3i. They have the exact same sensor. The T3i is basically a T2i with a flipout screen.