Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Technology Best Cheap Domain Registrar

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Sep 15, 2012.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I used to use GoDaddy and NameCheap but then switched over to NameSilo because they're cheap and provide free WHOIS privacy protection for the life of the registration. NameCheap only provides 1 year protection. A lot of people are also against many of GoDaddy's political stances and business tactics.

http://www.namesilo.com/

Keep in mind that GoDaddy and NameCheap will have spectacular transfer in and new registration deals (0.99 cent domains) but their renewal fees will cost you a pretty penny. If you want the best bargain for domain registration, keep transferring between competitors every year.

If you want a hassle-free solution for a fair price, use NameSilo. They also have an good user interface that rivals NameCheap because it's intuitive, clean and easy to use. Coupon code SILO1 gives you $1 off on new registration and transfers. Check retailmenot if that one doesn't work.

Prices for .com domain registration with promo code
    Registration & Renewal: $7.99
    Transfer: $7.39

2. pelumi

pelumi Guest

Hi all, I think this information can be useful for you. If you plan to get your website, here is one good free web hosting provider to choose - 000webhost.com They provide hosting absolutely free, there is no catch. You get 1500 MB of disk space and 100 GB bandwidth. They also have cPanel control panel which is amazing and easy to use website builder. Moreover, there is no any kind of advertising on your pages.

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

My go daddy domain is going to expire next month.

4. tharsini

tharsini New Member

Nice information...

5. lumix

lumix Full Member

Very useful, thanks for the info.