Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Green Living BC Hydro Fridge Buy Back Program - Get $30 for your old fridge!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jun 8, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

If you have a fridge that measures between 10-24 cubic feet* and is still in working condition, BC Hydro will pick it up, recycle it, and give you $30 for it. They will safely recycle the ozone-depleting refrigerant and metal.

To find out more call 604 881 4357 or 1 866 516 4357 outside the Lower Mainland, please have your BC Hydro or New Westminster customer account number on hand.

*Maximum two residential use fridges per BC Hydro customer account. Fridges must be clean and in working condition. Fridge size limits: Interior volume of 10-24 cubic feet (please check size). Bar-size, Sub-zero, and commercial fridges excluded.

2. FriZer

FriZer New Member

I have that kind of Fridge but we are still using it. However, that fridge is quite old and we need to replace it. I ask my sister to change it but she said "do not replace it, it is still working". I really do not know why my sister don't want to replace it.

3. cirrus98gsr

cirrus98gsr Junior Member

good info. thanx

4. WaterDoc

WaterDoc New Member

Is this buy-back program still valid?