Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty BAD SKIN.. help! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by proME24, Sep 27, 2011.

1. proME24

proME24 Guest

I've been having some trouble with my skin. My face is always really oily. I've tried a couple face washes. (some really expensive!) but i haven't seen much improvement.. Help please! :(

2. Kal

Kal Guest

Your information is very vague... try acne.org. Lots of people review the stuff there. Tons of natural treatments and over the counter products that people have tried, just try them out yourself. It should take around 3 weeks though before you see any improvement on some things. You have to be patient. Discontinue if it makes your skin worse or red or burns, though.

3. droid

droid Junior Member

Use Neutrogena soap - made for people with skin problems.

4. mission

mission Full Member

Diet plays a part in oily face, eat more fruits and vegetables

5. ema

ema Full Member

Diet does play a role but that's not necessarily it. Don't over wash your face since it removes too much oil that your oil glands try to make up for it by producing even more. Wash your face with an oil-free mild soap, i recommend Cetaphil at night before you sleep then use an oil-free moisturizer. In the morning, just use some toner to wipe your face and use your moisturizer.

moisturize your face is key, it's also key from getting dry and acne irritated skin.

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

^What's toner?

7. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

cheeseshredder all this time I thought you're a girl. Toner tightens pore and good toner moisturizes too. Every morning and night I cleanse my face, tone, then garnier hydrating shine control(morning) and kiss my face moisturizer at night.

8. milquetoast

^Was it my Audrey Hepburn avatar that misled you?

Are you a girl? Your hygiene regimen sounds pretty intense.

9. asal

asal Guest

What worked for me is eliminating dairy. Just try it. I don't get how topical things are supposed to make all the difference alone when health comes from diet, exercise and environment. I read online that you should eliminate dairy for 10 days and just see if it helps your skin. It did. So now I eat a little dairy, I had ice cream yesterday, cheese now and then - but I know when I get pimples and oily skin it's from dairy - and if I have something coming up that I want to look good for I cut out dairy. This means reading labels and not eating, specifically, milk, cream, yoghurt, cheese, butter, whey, casein, and anything else I forgot.

10. ema

ema Full Member

it's used to tighten pores and I also find that it cleans the face better but don't use too much because toner isn't meant to be a cleaner. Asian countries call it "soft lotion" which is just plain good smelling water lolz.

11. ThompsonHouk

ThompsonHouk Guest

You have to be patient. Discontinue if it makes your skin worse or red or burns, though. It should take around 3 weeks though before you see any improvement on some things.

12. MooGooMouse

MooGooMouse Junior Member

Sounds like sebborrhea (forgot how to spell that). You need to see a dermatologist & get a perscription cream to apply to your face.

13. milquetoast

Change your pillow cases often, especially if you don't shower before bed.

14. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I think heating is important too. Try to stay out of stuffy climates.

15. ema

ema Full Member

That's strange, my friends who have acne in Canada go to Singapore and Hong Kong and their acne clears up. I think stuffy climates aren't good but sweating constantly really detoxifies your skin.

16. milquetoast

^Sunshine is another factor in those climates. People are often Vitamin D deficient here due to lack of sunlight.

17. Suzanne Welch

Suzanne Welch New Member

Hi,
    Know your skin type first before trying anything. Avoid further more damage to your skin. You can also try home made natural face mask with this recipe.
    banana
    lemon juice and egg white
    crush the banana( depending the amount of face mask you want to make) mix it with the lemon juice and the egg white. Mix the ingredients well to make a face mask. Banana and lemon juice has vitamin C that could help your skin. But the best thing you can do is to consult an expert about skin care for they know more.

18. Suzanne Welch

Suzanne Welch New Member

I also used dermastrat. It helps me maintain my fair skin.

19. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

20. Diana

Diana Guest

Beauti-Med Laser Skin Care Centre

Beauti-Med Laser Skin Care Centre is a ripp off
    DR. JOHN CURRY IS A LIAR AND RIPP OFF. DO NOT USE HIS SERVICES FOR PLASTIC SURGERY
    I had several different procedures by Dr Curry and the last time ( almost 2 years ago) I ended up with huge lumps in my face and he just blamed the product. It was injected too close to the surface I now understand and he just dissolved the product with no other offers of a solution. It was a long lasting product and he had suggested it even though the other products had been working fine. No offers of a refund and I believe I have spent around $10, 000 to $12, 000 in that clinic. I still have small bumps under my skin. I was so traumatised as my face kept swelling up.

RIPP OFF SCAM beauti-med.com DR JOHN CURRY
    BEAUTI-MED
    Laser Skin Care Centre
    Shaughnessy Square
    B210 - 2099 Lougheed Highway
    Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1A8
    Had fillers that caused huge lumps. Dr. Curry did injections to dissolve lumps but in the end didn't have filler where I paid to have it. For 2 thousand I was left with no filler where I paid to have it. Was told by another Dr injections were to close to the surface
    Had my first experience with Doctor Curry a few months back. My consultation with him went fine, he was very pleasant, but a few of my major concerns were not completely answered. I felt a little put-off about the initial consultation, but purchased a series of suggested treatments that were to be preformed by his technicians. Each time I went, I had a different technician doing my treatment. Each seemed rushed, nervous and unknowledgeable of my specific case. When I asked certain questions about the specific treatment that I was receiving, they did not have adequate answers. It was as if they were each administering the treatment for the first time, which made me unsettled! Even though I was having the same treatment done each time, each technician administered it differently, which gave me varied results. Unfortunately, for the price I paid, I didn't see much difference in the end. So, save your money and go to a Dr. where the staff are also, knowledgeable and adequately trained.
    I went to see Dr Curry for Botox he injected the botox under my eyes in a region I have never received before from any other Dr. including him. I am bruised beyond belief and I am puffy I most likely will have these symptoms for at least 2 weeks. Dr Curry should stop injections he can barely see straight and his hands shake. I am very disappointed and absolutely NEVER recommend him to anyone EVER!!!
    I had the worst treatments ever, I was not told of the things I should avoid in the beginning of my treatments nor the end, and the injections were soooo painful, that I don't think he even froze the area. I was bleeding and he kept telling me to hold on. I had more fillers then I asked for and I now look like daffy duck!
    BEAUTI-MED Laser Skin Care Centre in Port Coquitlam is A SCAM an OLD FART DOCTOR NON-advanced non-surgical laser skin care clinic offers face lifting, body contouring and a wide variety of cosmetic procedures for enhance the health and appearance of body and face
    THE OLD FART DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING.
    SCAM AND RIPP OFF