Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Are you a chronic People Pleaser? You can't say "NO". Tell Your Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

People pleasing is way more than just handing out too many cigarettes and picking up after someone and washing their dishes when you really don't want to. People pleasing has an underbelly with far greater consequences ...
    Looking for stories of people pleasing on a grande scale for a therapy book to be published this year.
    If you have a story that shows how far people pleasing can go and how utterly toxic and life damaging it can be, please contact me so that we can share your story and help others.
    examples of stories:
    - pregnancies and having children out of people pleasing
    - going to jail for committing crimes to please some one (one girl shared a harrowing story of spending time in a Bangkok jail for smuggling drugs for her boyfriend in order to please him)
    - contracting STD's like HIV and other illnesses/diseases out of people pleasing
    people pleasing and the inability to say "no" is much more toxic and far reaching than many people realize. If you have something to contribute to shed light on this important subject, please contact [email protected] or let's just get a conversation started here!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. HerbertMub

HerbertMub Guest

Im still waiting for my editor to tell me where to go.

And Ill never give you another opening like that one . . .

3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

No. I am very respectful and helpful to nice people. But I get strict the moment someone thinks I am a patsy.