Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students Annoying UBC Reiki People?

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by KindleFlare, Feb 28, 2012.

1. KindleFlare

KindleFlare New Member

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys got approached by the "UBC Reiki" people yet? They used to be really active back in 2008 when they still had a club, but it was dismantled because of so issues with members.

Anyways, they're trying to bring it back to UBC which is fine.. but their approach is horrible. They basically approach innocent students, mostly in the SUB and Bus loops dump Reiki on to them. They are extremely forceful and WILL NOT TAKE NO AS AN ANSWER. Do a quick google, there are many stories like this all, some people came in contact with them outside of campus.

What are your thoughts?

2. Phillip

Phillip Guest

I don't know if we are talking about the same people. I was approached by a guy and a girl at ubc who offered reiki. They didn't seem forceful but I accepted right away. I felt quit a bit of energy coming off of these two people and I felt really relaxed and peaceful. I've never heard of reiki before but I found it very interesting and I think a club at ubc would be great.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Haven't encountered this. How about the Salvation Army and MSF people in vests holding the binders? Any tips to brush them off politely without the awkwardness?

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Guest

While many different Team Leaders have came and went, the ring leader Yutaka Shaun Wada seems to have survived throughout the ages. It is like he is the real President of the Reiki Club. You see, he never was a student, but had to recruit various folks to run various healing circle. At one time, he had another UBC student to start up a Reiki Club, perhaps one of his students. I had thought that the President was the founder but now it is evident that he was only a founder on paper, and that Yutaka Shaun Wada was only having a UBC student run the Reiki Club, and he was really running it from behind the scenes. Now this is only a presumption, but he is the only one that has NOT come and gone and have run around attuning people to Reiki with different teams. Everyone had changed over, but not him. This was not evident while the UBC Reiki Club existed. But now that the President is gone, and everyone else is gone, but Yutaka Shaun Wada continues the seek the next one to become the President at UBC, we now know who the real leader is.

5. dusty

dusty Guest

Thank them and tell them you're already a monthly donor. They're out there to recruit monthly donors because charities prefer those donors the most.