Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Zellers 50% Off Coupon

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Dec 30, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

So you might have heard of the 50% off discount coupon from Zeller's that generated a lot of controversy. Initially, it was 50% off a single item (including items that were already on sale). After 3 days of abuse, they began limiting the coupon to regular priced items only. People were using the coupon multiple times (supposed to be one per customer) and hoarding KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixers, Tassimo Machines, Bed Sheets, Duvet Covers, etc. at substantial discounts.

However, even with the new restriction, there are still some good deals to be had. Look for things that typically never go on sale. They've removed the coupon off their site, but I have a saved copy which is good until Saturday, December 31st.

Depending on cashier, you may be able to stack the SPC 10% off discount too.

[​IMG]

This reminds me of the $10 Bootlegger no minimum purchase, no limit fiasco from 2004. It went unnoticed until the last day when people were photocopying stacks of coupons and cleaning out the store of cheap accessories and Jones Soda. At Metrotown, the (super friendly) cashiers stayed overtime until ~11pm/midnight just handling the volume of people abusing the shit out of the deal.

2. mission

mission Full Member

Thanks for posting

50% is a good deal. I miss it though.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I got myself some new boxers with the coupon.

On repeat visits, I went for the nutella and 4L skim milk because I had nothing else to buy. They were just over $2 each :up:.