Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

You Won't Believe What I Saw Outside My Window!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Nov 17, 2013.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... one night this past summer at about nine o'clock i turned around from watching TV and saw this:

[​IMG]

... man, it looked like a floating city had just been erected in front of my house! but no, it was the 'star princess' traveling north up malaspina strait. i was surprised at how close it was to shore! big boat!

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

It is a floating city. I was on the Royal Princess a few months ago.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

BFD I see those monsters all day every day April through October.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

... thanks for your replies ...

... i was pretty thrilled to see it actually. i was a big fan of the love boat TV show as a teenager and i would've been absolutely awestruck to have seen it up close back then like i did that night last summer. it was like seeing a TV star when it sailed by!

5. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I like your new avatar, Mechanic. Power to the people!

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

... thank you, Vivek!

7. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

That particular ship is retiring this year. It has been in service all this time. It's a dwarf ship now compared to modern cruise liners.

the mechanic likes this.